Friday, May 27, 2011

30 Day Movie Challenge - Day 4: Favorite Drama

Again, another toss up, particularly if you're talking about things with great rewatchability.

 Jesus, how do you pick from such great and wonderful films made over history? However, I have to confess my personal tastes tend toward hybrid movies. Still, do I choose from

Ace in the Hole





The Assassination of Jesse James by the Coward Robert Ford


The Friends of Eddie Coyle





Thomas Edward Seymour's moving indie Everything Movies Alone



John Sayles' mystery/drama Lone Star




Sam Peckinpah's Straw Dogs




 Peter Medak directing Marat/Sade: (The Persecution and Assassination of Jean-Paul Marat As Performed by the Inmates of the Asylum of Charenton Under the Direction of The Marquis de Sade)



But I think it really comes down to John Huston's adaptation of Flannery O'Conner's Wise Blood

I seem to be very bad at this "One Favorite" thing.

No comments :

Post a Comment